2014 is more than half over. Here are my favorite albums thus far, in no particular order:
- Against Me! | Transgender Dysphoria Blues
- BADBADNOTGOOD | III
- Beck | Morning Phase
- Bohren & Der Club Of Gore | Piano Nights
- Every Time I Die | From Parts Unknown
- Freddie Gibbs & Madlib | Piñata
- Little Dragon | Nabuma Rubberband
- Manchester Orchestra | Cope
- Modern Baseball | You’re Gonna Miss It All
- Noah Gunderson | Ledges
- Say Anything | Hebrews
- United Nations | The Next Four Years
- St. Vincent | St. Vincent
- White Lung | Deep Fantasy
- Young And In The Way | When Life Comes To Death
Drew Guarini assembled the most comprehensive collection of live Brand New recordings I’ve ever seen. Guess I know what I’m doing tonight.
In your worst moments, where you are staring into the blackest hole, the razor-lined mouth of a vicious, rabid animal- when you aren’t good enough, pretty enough, thin enough, smart enough- when the worst thing inside you chooses to attack- it is temporary. Likewise, when you are in those moments of pure joy, surrounded by your loved ones, high scoring skee-ball, holding your best friends hand at a concert- it is also temporary.
And that is ok.